- Dermnet is the largest independent photo dermatology source dedicated to online medical education though articles, photos and video. Dermnet provides information on a wide variety of skin conditions through innovative media.
- Thomas Habif, MD founded Dermnet in 1998 in Portsmouth, NH. His passion for medical education and medical photography drove him to create Dermnet.
- Dermnet’s user base includes a variety of medical professionals and non medical consumers. Numerous websites and publications have referenced Dermnet as a leading authority in dermatology education.
- Dermnet is based out of Portsmouth NH with a growing list of contributers from various medical schools and academic institutions.
- Dermnet has also contributed content to top publications including ABC News, CNN, USA Today, Web MD, and Yahoo! News. It has also been used as a source for dozens of journal articles and TV Shows such as Law and Order (SVU) and Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- Thomas Habif, MD is the founder of Dermnet, one of the largest and most popular destinations for dermatology related information. With more than 23,000 images, Dermnet.com contains the largest number of dermatology images online.
- Dr. Habif is the author of a number of medical textbooks. His book Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy is widely recognized as the world’s leading dermatology manual and was received the prestigious “Highly Commended” designation at the 2010 BMA Book Awards. It has been translated into five languages.
- In addition Clinical Dermatology, he is the editor of the book Skin Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment which has been translated in to seven languages.
- Dr. Habif received his Doctor of Medicine from Tufts University and completed a residency in both Pathology and Dermatology at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Dr. Habif serves as an Adjunct Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at Dartmouth Medical School.